|Black Diamond||E4 6a|
|200m, 5 pitches. Good, sustained climbing up the faint crack line between Dubh Loch Monster and King Rat. An awkward crux and some bold sections. Start as for Dubh Loch Monster.|
1. Climb cracks as for Dubh Loch Monster but veer right and climb a short crack to a small ledge under a leaning wall with a short corner defining the left end of the King Rat roof (30m, 4c).
2. Step up and use an undercut to gain the leaning wall then make a hard move right to get established in the corner. Move up left into then up a short groove and continue up slightly rightwards to a hidden jug at a steepening. Pull directly over this and a second bulge directly above to a good ledge and in-situ peg on The Prowl (30m, 6a).
3. Step left across the gap, then move up to follow the obvious blind flake and cracks which lead to a small niche below and left of a cracked red wall. Climb the superb wall to a ledge, and continue up the crack until a mossy bulge forces a traverse right to a junction with King Rat and belay below a steep crack (30m, 5c).
4. Climb the steep crack line direct over the right side of the bulging nose on King Rat, to rejoin and follow this to a ledge and belay (40m, 5b).
5. Finish up King Rat (70m, 4c etc).
G Robertson, P Macpherson, 22/Jun/2010
Submit a new photo of this climb.