|200m, 4 pitches. Alt 820m, start point NN163663.
This is the most promonent rib in the hanging coire halfway along the west side of the Devil's Ridge between Stob Choire a Mhail and Sgurr a Mhaim.
Approach is from Glen Nevis and the route finishes on the ridge just north of Bealach a Chip.
This route relies on frozen turf and will come into condition readily after a week of frost and a layer of snow.
1. Start at the toe of the buttress and go up left and then back right underneath an overhang. Find the line of least resistance between small outcrops until an easy snow slope leads to block belay on the crest below the next steepening 50m.
2. Move up and left and gain a short rock step to the left of the spiky crest of the ridge, carry on up until angle eases off and a poor belay as ground steepens again 50m.
3. Climb the middle of the steep ground (grade II), past a block on the right at the top then across a short neck to another poor belay 60m.
4. Easy ground leads to the top and a good block belay 40m.
E Olivarius, E Lyons 04/Dec/2010
* This newly updated climb is waiting to be checked by the crag moderator.
Submit a new photo of this climb.