Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Calpe > Mascarat >|
|Sylphara|| 7a |
<< Finis África
Vuelo del águila >>
|253m, 7 pitches. This fine climb originally started from the base of the gorge (see Hambre de Mujer Wall - route 4) but a storm altered the start, so nowadays it is best to begin at bridge level. Full rack needed. The crux pitch is substantially harder than the rest of the route.
1) 5+, 36m. From the right-hand end of the ledge, climb up a slab then traverse across rightwards to the cave.
2) 6a, 40m. Leave the cave by its left edge and climb up the long rib above to another cave.
3) 6a+,36m. Step left from the bottom of this cave and climb a left-trending groove to its top.
4) 7a, 36m. The big one and it's not really aid-able! Follow the arduous curving groove above to a good ledge at the top.
5) 5+, 20m. Climb a corner then move right to belay.
6) 5, 40m. Climb a short groove to a pillar. Belay at the top.
7) 4, 45m. Move up then left to join Llobet/Bertomeu to finish. © ROCKFAX|
FA. Ernesto López, Koke Pérez, Enrique Barberá 1979
Photo: Unknown climbers on Sylphara, Mascarat,3rd pitch © KevinGibbs
Submit a new photo of this climb.
This climb is in 2 logbooks, and on no wishlists.
Hidden - AltLd O/S - 31/Dec/09
whispering nic - Jan/93