Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Benidorm > Vall de Guadar (Echo Valley) >
|La gloria escondida|| 7a+ |
<< Dream Maker Right
Enigma del puerco >>
|339m, 7 pitches. A route tackling the full length of the wall. Start below a rightwards-slanting roof 20m up. The Rock 3-ENPs on this route may be replaced with bolts in the future.
1) 6a+, 20m. Climb up friable rock to a thread. Pull over the overlap and follow the line of 3 ENPS to a ramp going left. Follow this to the bay below the roof.
2) 7a, 25m. Climb the steep groove, swing left onto the leaning wall and climb on pockets to ledge then left to a belay.
3) 6a+, 48m. Move right up a groove past a tree. Continue up the shallow groove to an ENP, traverse left along a ramp to a groove. Up this then move left to a cave stance.
4) 7a+, 30m. Climb right along the ledge then swing round into a corner. Go up (thread) to the leftward-sloping ramp. Follow this steeply (3 ENPs) to a roof. Move right (ENP) and pull over the roof, difficult, and move left to bolt belays.
5) 6a, 25m. Climb directly up the wall then traverse left to a long crack. Up this then traverse left into a cave and bolt belay.
6) 6a, 28m. Climb right out of the cave to a thread. Go up then left to a small ledge. Climb the steep wall above and then the groove to a ledge on the left by a bush.
7) 5, 35m. Move along the ledge to the left and climb the slabs, walls and ledges to the top of the crag.
FA. R.Edwards, M.Edwards 1998
This climb is in 4 logbooks, and on no wishlists.
Hidden - 2nd rpt - 21/Dec/12
Hidden - AltLd O/S - 02/Jan/11
Only did first pitch at 6A+.
TonyP - Lead rpt - 18/Dec/08 with Rich M
Only did the first 6a+ pitch
TonyP - Lead dog - 14/Dec/08 with Andy