Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Benidorm > Vall de Guadar (Echo Valley) >
|Diedro Edwards|| 6b |
<< Enigma del puerco
Voyage to Orion >>
|140m, 5 pitches. Start 5m left of the right edge of the wall. The route had 2 original Rock 3-ENPs on the last pitch, these may have been replaced.
1) 4, 25m. Climb the overhanging crack and then move left across the wall to the base of a groove. Up this to the overlap and pull right into the groove above. Follow this to a good ledge on the left. Bolt belay.
2) 5+,25m. Climb the groove into the first cave. Pull over this and continue up the groove to belay in a second cave.
3) 4, 25m. Follow the groove to the top of the tower, bolt belay.
4) 6a, 20m. The steep groove to the top of the pillar, bolt belay.
5) 6b, 45m. Climb to the roof and move up and left. Continue to the small overhang, move right then left up cracks to slabs which are followed to the top. Block belays. © ROCKFAX|
FA. R.Edwards, S.O'Rouke and ‘Patty’ 1997. Pitches 1 to 3 had previously been climbed by some local climbers.
This climb is in 8 logbooks, and on no wishlists.
Actually quite a serious trad route, with loose rock and unreliable pro, E3 probably. Great route though, would be a classic in Britain.
Joughton - AltLd O/S - 18/Feb/13
Hidden - Lead O/S - 03/Jan/13
Hidden - AltLd - 25/Dec/12
Hidden - AltLd O/S - 09/Apr/12
HVS 5b, E1 5b, HVS 5a, E2 5b, E2 5c. Two long abseils to the base on 60m ropes.
nige - AltLd - 03/Apr/12 with mark hounslea
ldadams - 2nd - Mar/10 with George Frost, Mark Chaplin
Hidden - AltLd O/S - 02/Feb/04
Superb climb. Pleased I seconded it cleanly.
NB - Wasn't sport when we did it. Mark led it trad at E3 5c. Adam climbed in the middle. I came up last with rucksack and stripping the gear.
Alaric - 2nd O/S - 04/Dec/02 with M. Edwards, A. Shephard