The climbing starts at a small rib just right of the tree, and has the name CILBER written on the rock in red.
1) 5, 28m. Climb a rib, trending slightly rightwards to the first bolt, then up the buttress, passing a small roof to a good stance.
2) 5+, 15m. Continue up the slanting crack splitting the wall (4 bolts) then head leftwards past the arete to a stance.
3) 4, 25m. Straight up slabby rock, passing ledges to a bay.
4) 3, 25m. A scrappy pitch. Climb to a ledge at 5m, then trend left (red arrows) to a stance below a groove.
5) 4+, 40m. Climb up the steep corner/groove (bolts) and then continue more easily to a finish up the right arete leading to a big flat ledge.
This is the end of the bolted climbing section.
6) Walk along the ridge to a steep wall with a tree.
7) Pass the steep wall section by scrambling down to the right and then back up to the ridge (this steep section can be taken direct at 5 ).
8) The ridge now becomes steeper and narrower.
9) Scramble up the crest to the summit.
10) More scrambling along the ridge leads to TV masts and the start of an easy path that leads back to the start of the route. © Rockfax
|Climber||Date||Style||Notes & Partners|
Toix ridge to summit from antenna side. Roped up for parts.
Kate Ayres, Mark Eddy
Led p 2 & 4 on the way up to the ridge. We soloed the ridge in trainers, it being far more straightforward than the guidebook would have you believe.
Led P2,P3 in one, then P5. Scrambled P6-P10. Back down to the bottom 1:50 after starting.
Started via Del Plas with last pitch of Cilber. Soloed the ridge
|Vicky L||10/Oct/14||AltLd O/S|
Led pitches 2, 4 and 5. Three on a single rope was not a good idea. Had to break pitch 5 in two. Too windy at the top to do the ridge so abseiled down Lorfi.
We laughed, we cried! Forget about it!
Good fun but over way too quickly.
Awesome route to start 2014... with Miles Hill and Ollie :)
|A Mountain Journey||??/2014||-|
Piss easy scramble after the initial route climbing.
Lead pitches 1, 2, 3 and 5. Moving together for the ridge
Climbed up DBs magic roundabout then traversed the ridge and had a sketchy abseil off.
Very windy. Crawling required
|Alex 74||28/Mar/13||Lead O/S||
Andy Hills, Mark Eddy
|A Mountain Journey||?/Dec/12||AltLd|