Click to read about Advertising on UKC
|Dolomites > Cinque Torri >
|Diretta Dimai|| VI+ |
The Left-hand Line >>
|6 pitches. A harder alternative to the more popular Via Myriam, which shares the first two pitches before continuing direct up the face.
Start at the pronounced corner as for Via Myriam.
1) V+, 40m. Climb the polished wall direct taking a slight deviation at 10m round a bulge. Follow the wall direct for another 15m until you reach an equipped belay on a large ledge. Shared with Via Myriam.
2) IV+, 35m. Step right heading for the next corner. Climb the short corner with interest, exiting left at the top. Via Myriam branches left here. Instead, step right then follow the vague arete for a few metres to a good bolted stance.
3) VI+, 20m. Traverse left for 8m following a horizontal crack then climb direct just left of the arete.
4) V-, 20m. Move diagonally left to a good stance on a ledge.
5) VI-, 30m. Climb direct for 20m then move right to a possible belay. Follow two successive pale cracks leftwards to a stance on a ledge.
6) III, 30m. Move left from the belay, climb a short slab then cross over a gully. Continue left then back right in a second short gully to exit just below the summit. The original finish to Via Myriam joins here. Move up left to the top.
FA. Dimai, Degasper, Gherdina, Verzi 1933|
This climb is in 7 logbooks, and on no wishlists.
Hidden - AltLd dnf - 28/Jul/14
Did the first pitch which was a bit tricky in the overhang. I was too slow though and busy route with 3 of us so sacked it off. Then it rained
Maddie - Lead dnf - 28/Jul/14 with aidan, remus
VI+ as a classic route, but got loads of bolts today. The 7th pitch has a boulder move that's tough for stories like me
Robin Brooke - Lead - Jul/14 with Paula Ryan
Had abseil back to Myriam near the crux pitch
Pryan - AltLd - Jul/14 with Robin Brooke
David Smith - AltLd - Sep/10 with Stuart Holmes
rdi1v07 - Lead - 29/Aug/09
in the hail! started halfway up and was easier to climb than retreat the traverses
Mark Walter - AltLd - Aug/08 with Paul Black