A fine and varied climb with good positions
1) 4, 45m. Climb the icefall to a large snow-terrace and belay beneath a small roof
2) 4, 45m. Traverse left and climb behind the detached pinnacle on the right of the shallow bay. Follow a groove above
3) 5, 50m. Climb the narrow gully above, passing several steep and tricky sections
4) 3, 50m. Continue up the gully
5) 1, 50m. Easy snow remains. © Rockfax
Ticklists: Cold Climbs.
|Climber||Date||Style||Notes & Partners|
|Mark Grist||07/Feb||AltLd O/S||
Actually quite easy! Ice and turf in great nick - awesome first route at the Black ladders. For value added finish, take chimney system on the left for the final pitch rather than the gully!
Tom jagger, Jack Hodgson
Tom Skelhon, Tom Jagger
damp at the bottom but good conditions though thin in places, Excellent turf overall.... great first day on the ladders thanks to Baggy
|Rob Pitt||06/Dec/10||AltLd O/S||
used a back rope on the main pitch
Led P2 and P3. Excellent route, suprisingly faff free for me and Tom
started late, finnished in the dark.