|170m, 5 pitches. The Sparrow) The first route on Trollfestningen and an excellent outing though the line involves a poorly protected wide crack and serious traverse (pitch 3). As a result, it sees less attention than it deserves.
1) 5+, 30m. Climb right and left to reach a crack then head up this, past some technical grass climbing, and a tough wide section (laybacked or thrutched - often wet) to a restricted stance.
2) 5, 30m. Continue up the easier crack above to reach the right-hand end of the second grass terrace. There is a 2 bolt belay/abseil anchor on the right.
3) 6+, 40m. On the far right above the ledge is a wide crack in a corner (the crack above the stance is a top-rope pitch (6+) the crack to the left is pitch 3 of Havørnen). Climb this - strenuous and awkward to protect - then make a poorly protected traverse to the right across the slabby face to ledges. Now scramble up and left to the 2 bolt belay on Spurven.
4) 5+, 40m. Step right and climb the jamming crack into the deep groove then continue up into a chimney on the left side of a tall flake. Climb the chimney, almost to its top, then make an awkward escape out right to reach the upper crack system. Belay at a restricted stance a little higher at a rock spike with slings.
5) 3+, 30m. Climb the easy-angled right-trending ramp (often damp) leading to a 2 bolt belay on the shoulder on the right. © ROCKFAX|