Click to read about Advertising on UKC
Climbs 108 – Rocktype Sandstone (hard) – Altitude ? – Faces NE
The walls of Supa Fun Happy and La Paz have some fantastic climbing with amazing almost Grampians like sandstone. Supa Fun happy is a good wall to start at with a good mix of grades.
Wingello is about 1 hour from the M7/M5 intersection and the crag itself is about 20 minutes out of Wingello (depending on your car). Wingello is best reached (from Sydney) by busting straight down the Hume Hwy to the turn off just after the paddy’s river bridge. You can also go through Bundanoon but its probably a bit slower.
From Macca’s on the Freeway its 11.5km to the Wingello turn off, and another 8km from there to the Wingello Railway Crossing. Reset your Speedo on the railway line or at the shop
Reset Speedo at NSW Border on Federal Highway. The BP at Marulan is 110km or 1hrs drive, Wingello Turn off is 124.7 km or 1hr and 10 mins The Railway crossing at Wingello is 131.6km or 1 hr 15mins.
Detailed Directions from Wingello
1. (0.0km) - Cross the railway track and turn right. Stop at General Store for supplies for lunch. Grab a coffee and a pie.
2. (0.1km)- Take 1st LEFT into Forest Road.
3. (2.8km)- Continue along into Wingello State forest past state forest sign
4. (4.2km)- Turn RIGHT into Running Creek Road at campground ie. The grassy area between the tall trees
5. (4.4km)- Turn LEFT about 100m later into Gulp Road
6. (4.8km)- Veer leftish onto smaller looking road (its still Gulp Road) at first intersection
7. (5.5km)- Veer right at next ‘V’ intersection
8. (8.6km)- Turn LEFT at big tree in clearing the track gets a little rough from here but is ok for 2wd with a little care.
9. (10.0km) – At rock Cairn on left side of road. Park here to access La Sancta Wall. Keep driving if you want to get to the other areas more easily.
10. (11.1km)- Reach fireman’s memorial and park here. Grab your gear and take the LEFT fire trail down steep hill.
11. Walk straight down hill to large rock platform to get to western area access or take an obvious right fork and walk towards the eastern access gully.
Climbs at this crag
Find Classifieds near to this crag (Indoor Walls, Outdoor Shops, Accommodation, etc)
Moderator Updates to this page are checked by UKC volunteer Matt Tranter