Click to read about Advertising on UKC
Chee Dale LowerDerbyshire, ENGLAND
Climbs 248 – Rocktype Limestone – Altitude ? – Faces all
Climbs at this crag
* Climbs listed in red are waiting to be checked by a crag moderator, and may not be accurate.
Cheedale is a SSSI and cSAC with a high level of legal protection under European law. Access for climbing is concessionary and can only be maintained if climber's continue to adhere to a number of conditions
- No access along the top of the dale beyond a corner formed by the wall and obvious new fence bounding the 3rd major gully east of Plum Buttress. Therefore, no access to Runyans Corner and Moving, Long, or Two-Tier Buttresses from the dale top.
- No further bolted development on the small, vegetated, and obscure crags, which rim the dale - most of these are of negligible climbing quality.
- Do not leave in situ crabs or tape on bolt hangars.
- Parts of Nettle Buttress, Chee Tor East, and Dogs Dinner area are bolt free areas of outstanding appearance.
- Do not remove large swathes of ivy.
Moderator Updates to this page are checked by UKC volunteer kristian