Click to read about Advertising on UKC
Climbs 100 – Rocktype Sandstone (hard) – Altitude 189m a.s.l – Faces ?
Climbs at this crag
Really just an extension of the Gold Mine cliff. A five minute flat walk through the bush to get to the top of the cliff, then another five minutes along the cliff top to the short descent gully.
As per the Goldmine..
1. Reset your speedo at the intersection of Turpentine and Braidwood Roads.
2. 1km: Continue on and the 620 sign will be 1km on your right.
3. 1.2km: Take the next dirt road left (Yarran Rd). Drive thru open gate. From this point on it is recommened you have either a 4WD or a car with good clearance. Sections of road can be very muddy and sometimes entirely water covered. A Forester or Rav4 is fine, a low slung sports coupe is not.
4. 3.8km: Turn down the second road on right (Butterbrush Track) it should have a small "fire trail sign"
5. 4.5km: Continue along this road until the road swings around to the left (just before big puddle). Look for the obvious Parking on the side of the road.
Look for the tagged track heading thru the bush to the cliff edge, then turn left and walk accross the top of the cliff to the descent gully. There is a fixed rope to help you get down.
Moderator Updates to this page are checked by UKC volunteer Matt Tranter