climbing:09: Keith Sharples - Be in My Calendar Competitionby Michael Ryan Aug/2008
This article has been read 6,212 times
Are you an aspiring rock climber seeking fame and fortune or looking to rub shoulders (metaphorically speaking...) with some of the good and the great from the climbing world and/or you just fancy appearing in climbing:09, the climbing calendar for 2009 from Keith Sharples Photography?
UKClimbing.com, alongside some of the biggest names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in climbing:09 and want YOU to be photographed by Keith in a special photo shoot for the calendar.
You will be an experienced rock climber; you will be available mid-late August thro. early September for a photo shoot AND you will have a mate to bring along to climb with you.
1. The winner (in addition to appearing in the calendar...) will also get a complementary 18x12 poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of climbing:09
2. The winner's mate will get a copy of climbing:09
3. A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and in a write-up of the day
4. Five further copies of climbing:09, one each for five other climbers, also pulled from the hat
Midnight on Saturday 17th August.
1. What camera kit does Keith predominately use? a) Nikon b) Canon c) Olympus
2. What major climbing event did Keith cover recently for UKClimbing.com capturing a new world record in the process? a) BMC International Meet b) Lakes Festival of Climbing c) Cliffhanger
3. What outstanding ascent did Keith capture recently featuring Steve McClure? a) First ascent of Northern Star b) Third ascent of Rhapsody c) Steve McClure's first ascent of Elder Statesman
UKClimbing.com questions (hint: check our news page)
4. In January 2008 which climbers completed the Torre Traverse in Patagonia? a) Andrea Sarchi, Maurizio Giarolli, Elio Orlandi and Ermanno Salvaterra b) Rolando Garibotti and Colin Haley c) Thomas Huber and Alex Huber
5. Which climber did an E8 in the Lakes in February? a) Andy Mitchell b) George Ullrich c) Dave Birkett
6. What is the name of John Bracy's and Matt Helliker's new route on the East face of the Mooses Tooth?
a) There's a Loose Moose aboot this Hoose b) There's a Hoose Loose aboot this Moose c) There's a Moose Loose aboot this Hoose
1. Email Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org the answers to the above questions in the following format: Q1 a, b or c, Q2 a, b or c etc.
2. Include 'climbing:09' as the subject title in the email along with your last name.
3. Include in the text your full name, address, daytime telephone number and a few words about yourself including where you usually climb, what grade you usually climb and whether you are a trad or a sport climber or do both.
4. Keep your phone fully charged and wait a call from Keith from the 18th August
You must lead routes of VD standard and upwards on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer.
You and you mate will provide all your own climbing kit and take sole responsibility for your actions when climbing during the photo shoot.
You and your mate will travel to and from the photo shoot at your own expense.
The location to be mutually agreeable venue probably in North Wales, the Lake District or the Pennines You will be aged 15 or older but if you are under 18 years old you must be accompanied by a responsible adult (parent or guardian) who should also be an competent climber.
You, or your parent/guardian if you are under 18 years old, will sign a model release form agreeing that images from the photo shoot can be published.
Accept that the image selected will be chosen by Keith in consultation with UKClimbing and that their decision is final.
Accept the inclusion of a another/substitute climber in the calendar if a mutually acceptable venue or time for the photo shoot cannot be established, for whatever reason, or if bad weather prevents the photo shoot.
Accept that no compensation or substitute prize including cash alternative will be provided in lieu.
Entry to the competition is on the basis that you have read, understood and accept the competition rules.