The Llanberis Mountain Film Festival 2010 will be held on the weekend of 5th to 7th of March.
LLAMFF and UKC have got together and are running a photography competition hosted at UKClimbing.com.
There are three categories and entrants are invited to submit their photographs to one of the following titles:
- To The Limit
- Mountain Flora/Fauna
Competition is now closed - winners here
Readers of UKC can vote on all entries from which a short list of 60 images will selected for final judging by professional photographer Ray Wood and Sue Peyton of Joe Browns
In each category a winner and three runners up will be chosen, in addition, an overall winner will be chosen. All winning and runners up will have their images printed and mounted by Living Art of Hathersage and all will then be exhibited at the Electric Mountain as part of LLAMFF. In addition to having your work printed and framed, the runners up can have a Rockfax publication of their choice, the category winners two Rockfax publications of their choice, and the overall winner four Rockfax publications of their choice.
- Only digital images are accepted.
- You can upload new images that have not been seen before. After the competition these will be moved into the appropriate category in your gallery, with their new votes.
- You can upload duplicate images that have already been uploaded to the your UKC galleries. After the competition these will be deleted in favour of the older version, retaining their older votes but not their competition votes.
- You can move images from your UKC Gallery to the Competition Gallery but you will lose the existing votes if you do this. Click on 'Edit Photo Details' in order to move the photos between galleries. After the competition these will be moved into the appropriate category in your gallery, with their new votes.
- Entrants accepted from Professional and Amateur photographers.
- Please submit new entries at 800 pixels across for landscape or 600 pixels across for portrait format; 72ppi JPG no larger than 250K.
Need advice on preparing your photos for the internet, read Photography: Preparing photos for the Internet by Nick Smith - UKC
- No composite images - panorama stitches are okay, but no major photoshoped compositions please.
- No borders, frames or watermarks.
A maximum of six entries per photographer.
- VERY IMPORTANT: If your image is judged to be a winning one, we will require a high resolution copy for display and printing.
- By submitting an image you are claiming sole ownership and copyright of each image.
- By entering an image, you are submitting to that image being reproduced, published and exhibited for the promotional purposes of Llanberis Mountain Film Festival.
All images will be credited to the photographer.
The photographer retains the copyright for the image at all times.
( Read more | 30 comments, 09 Mar 2010
This article has been read 9,176 times