It hardly seems like 12 months since the last comp but it's time once again for the 'Be in my 2014 Calendar' Competition. Climbing:2014 will be the tenth calendar under the Keith Sharples Photography label and as with previous 'Be in my Calendar' competitions the winner will be chosen from the select band of UKC-followers and will plug straight into the spot-light on the UKClimbing page in Climbing:2014...
The five previous winners have been snapped making some great shapes on some of great routes in some great locations. Last year's winner, Becky Lounds, got involved with Pull my Daisy and German School Girl in the Llanberis slate quarries. Craig Bailey (2012) and Ally Smith (2010) both featured on the fine Llangollen area limestone crags whilst Liam Lonsdale (2011) and Rachael Crewe (2009) were captured at St Bees and Stoney Middleton respectively. Both Becky and Liam went front cover in their respective years too so it's all to play for. However, all starts with entering the comp as you've got to be in it to win it – as they say.
If you're not familiar with the competition, UKClimbing, alongside some of the biggest names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in my UK-centric climbing calendar, Climbing:2014, and I'm looking for a keen climber to be photographed in a special photo shoot for the UKC page.
The comp is as simple as it comes.
You need to be...
- An experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of V Diff upwards.
- You must be available mid to late August for the photo shoot and will bring a sac of kit and a mate along to climb with.
Here's the Deal...
- The winner (in addition to appearing on the UKC page in the calendar...) will also get a complementary 18x12" poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of Climbing:2014
- The winner's mate will also get a copy of Climbing:2014
- A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and/or KeithSharplesPhotography in a write-up of the day
- Further copies of Climbing:2014 will also go out to the three runners up
Closing date - Midnight on Sunday 18th August 2013.
This competition has now closed.
T&Cs (a.k.a. Terms and Conditions)...
- must lead routes of VD standard or harder on outdoor crags on a regular basis and your mate must also be a competent climber and belayer
- and your mate will provide all your own climbing kit and take sole responsibility for your actions when climbing during the photo shoot and will travel to and from the photo shoot at your own expense
- must agree to a suitable location from those suggested by Keith
- must be at least 18 years old
- agree that images from the photo shoot can be published
- accept that the image selected will be chosen by Keith in consultation with UKClimbing and that their decision is final
- accept the inclusion of another/substitute climber in the calendar if a mutually acceptable venue or time for the photo shoot cannot be established for whatever reason
- accept that no compensation or substitute prize, including cash alternative, will be provided in lieu
- agree by entering the competition that you have read, understood and accept the competition rules
UKC Articles and Gear Reviews by Keith Sharples
( Read more | 1 comments, 12 Aug 2013
This article has been read 7,207 times