This competition has now closed.
Named in honour of our lead ambassador, Lakpa Rita, this Jacket is our best waterproof/breathable hard shell – period. A legend in his own time, Lakpa Rita is the first Sherpa to climb the highest mountain on all seven continents. And he is our toughest critic and gear tester.
Lapka Rita Sherpa
This shell is made of the finest materials available, and features design and construction details specific to serious alpine pursuits. Two event® waterproof fabrics – strategically placed nylon ripstop and nylon taffeta – feature Direct Venting™ technology: water stays out while perspiration vapour escapes through microscopic nano-vents.
- The helmet compatible hood has a contoured brim to protect your face from the weather; fit can be refined via a one-hand cinch system at the centre back.
- Seams are placed away from shoulder tops and hips to avoid chafing under pack straps, pack belt, or harness.
- Large zippered hand pockets are placed high so as not to interfere with a harness or pack belt.
- Panelled arm construction is designed for maximum comfort and mobility.
- Inset hem adjustors are designed to prevent elastic cord from catching on harness or straps.
- Two large exterior chest pockets provide instant access to essentials.
- 20,000mm / 20,000g waterproof / breathable rating.
- Main fabric: event® waterproof/air permeable fabric – ePTFE laminate fabric made of 100% ripstop nylon treated with DWR (durable water repellent).
- Contrast panels: event® waterproof/air permeable fabric – ePTFE laminate fabric made of 100% nylon taffeta treated with DWR (durable water repellent)
- Weight: 435g (15 oz)
- Sizes: S-XXL
To read more about Sherpa products and the rest of the sponsored team CLICK HERE.
For a chance to win either a Men's or Women's version of the Lapka Rita Jacket answer the following question:
( Read more | 1 comments, 26 Aug 2014
This article has been read 6,561 times