COMPETITION: Win 1 of 10 Mountain Equipment Lhotse/Manaslu Jacketsby Mountain Equipment Sep/2014
This article has been read 7,329 times
The Lhotse and Manaslu Jackets represent the pinnacle of waterproof protection for the most serious mountain all-rounders. Combining GORE-TEX® Pro with our STORM Construction techniques, they take Mountain Equipment’s hardshell engineering to the next level. With up to 28% greater breathability and even better durability new GORE-TEX® Pro is built specifically for the most demanding applications.
When combined with our 40D face fabric and even tougher 80D fabric reinforcements
Consisting of two large chest pockets and a cavernous Napoleon pocket our Stratum Storage System ensures that the essentials remain accessible when wearing a rucksack or climbing harness. A new YKK® Aquaguard® moulded front zip is easy to use in difficult conditions and keeps working smoothly even as your jacket rimes up in inhospitable icy gullies. Laminated and bonded pit zips provide extra ventilation for heavily laden walk-ins through driving snow and incessant drizzle.
Simple but highly protective shells that do it all, the Lhotse and Manaslu Jackets are equally at home on steep technical ground and in rain lashed valleys. Combining full specification design with features and fabrics guaranteed to perform in the worst weather they are the obvious choice for those who demand performance and simplicity.
• 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro 40D fabric
• 3-layer GORE-TEX® Pro 80D fabric reinforcements
• Mountain HC Hood is fully adjustable
• New Alpine fit with articulated and pre-shaped sleeves
• Storm Construction techniques used throughout
• Stratum Storage; 2 large pockets and 1 Napoleon pocket with moulded Aquaguard® zips
• 2-way YKK® moulded Aquaguard® centre front zip
• 2-way YKK® WR underarm pit zips with laminated and bonded entry
• Adjustable laminated cuffs and dual tether hem drawcords
In this new series of interviews, we whisk off some of Britain's best climbers to a lonely desert island (we might give them a... Read more