This weekend Gaz Parry won the invitational Sint Roc Bouldering Contest at the Arco Rockmaster festival held in small town of Arco on the shores of Lake Garda, Italy. Parry beat a strong line up. Here's the full results; SINT ROC BOULDERING CONTEST 2007
1) Gareth Parry (Gbr) n. 1973
2) Nalle Hukkataival (Fin) n. 1986
3) Gabriele Moroni (Ita) n. 1987
4) Lucas Preti (Ita) n. 1983
5) Daniel Woods (Usa) n. 1989
6) Tomasz Olesky (Pol) n.
7) Mykhaylo Shalagin (Ukr) n. 1982
8) Ludovic Laurance (Fra) n. 1973 Gaz Parry has seen many success both on plastic and on the real stuff in 2007. He achieved first place at the Swiss Master Outdoor Games in Interlaken, and in the IFSC Climbing Worldcup (Bouldering) he came 20th at the Fiera di Primiero (ITA) in June, 7th at the La Reunion event, 19th at Sofia (BUL) and 5th at Erlangen (GER). On the real stuff he has achieved Font 8B in the UK and mainland Europe, including earlier this year a repeat of a proper Font 8b, The Director's Cut in Parisella's Cave, North Wales (UK) where he recently established a new Font 8a, Broken Heart. You can read Parry's IFSC profile here In the lead difficulty competition at Arco, Ramon Julian Puigblanque from Spain won the mens and Angela Eiter from Austria won the women's comp. Results here. Eugeny Vaitsekovsky from Russia won the Speed competition ahead of his teammate Sergey Synitsyn and Manuel Escobar from Venezuela. The Arco competitions are now being described as "the climbing Wimbledon." You can read a report on Gaz Parry's success by Nial Grimes and Alex Messenger here at UKClimbing.com.