The Keith Sharples Be in my Calendar Competitionby Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com Jul/2010
This news story has been read 6,502 times
For the third year running, the UKClimbing.com 'Be in my Calendar Competition' is here again, run in conjunction with www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk . Following Rachael Crewe, the spandex-loving graduate from Notts Uni, who appeared in the Climbing:09 Calendar and Ally Smith cranking it out in the Llangollen area in Climbing:2010 – next year really could be YOU...
Here's the deal...
The deal is so simple. UKClimbing.com, along with other big names in the UK climbing business, are sponsoring a page in Climbing:2011 and are looking for a keen climber to be photographed by Keith (www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk ) in a special photo shoot for the calendar.
YOU need to be an experienced rock climber capable of leading rock routes of V Diff upwards. You will be available, next month, August thru early September for a photo shoot and will bring your climbing gear and a mate along to climb with.
Here's the skinny...
1. The winner (in addition to appearing in the calendar...) will also get a complementary 18x12” poster print (of a photo of their choice) from the photo shoot as well as a copy of Climbing:2011
2. The winner's mate will also get a copy of Climbing:2011
3. A selection of images from the day will be published in a gallery on UKClimbing and/or www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk in a write-up of the day
4. Five further copies of Climbing:2011, one each for the five runners' up in the comp, will be shipped out.
Here's the closing date...
Midnight on Saturday 7th August 2011.
Here's the questions...
1. What famous sport climb in the Yorkshire Dales did visiting Czech rock-star Adam Ondra try, but fail to repeat, during his seminal visit earlier in the year?
a) Overshadow b) Rainshadow c) Undershadow
2. What was the venue of last year's 'Be-in-my-Calendar' photo shoot with Ally Smith?
a) Craig Ddu b) Craig Arthur c) Craig yr Ogof
3. What free-standing pinnacle did Keith and two mates recently climb?
a) Washington Column b) Tegness Pinnacle c) Old Man of Hoy
Here's what to do...
1. Email Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org the answers to the above questions in the following format: Q1 a, b or c, Q2 a, b or c etc.
2. Include 'Climbing:2011 Be-in-my-Calendar Competition' as the subject title in the email along with your last name
3. Include in your email your full name, address, daytime telephone and mobile numbers as well as a few words about yourself including where you usually climb, what grade you usually climb and whether you are a trad or a sport climber, a boulderer or DWS fiend
4. Keep your phone fully charged and wait a call from Keith from the 9th August onwards.
Here's the Competition Rules...
You can read more at www.keithsharplesphotography.co.uk
This week's Friday Night Video is something a bit different - a 360° virtual reality film of The Needles... Read more
Something remarkable happened in the Llanberis Pass last week. Eighty women climbers from 24 different countries – Iceland... Read more
Pete Bridgwood of Leek, Staffordshire recently managed 600 solos in a day, undertaking a staggering ten and a half hours of... Read more
On a recent trip to Pembroke Steve McClure climbed the pumpy E8 6c Point Blank in Stennis Ford, onsight. The route, a... Read more
Last weekend (2/3 July) saw the penultimate round of the 2011 Bouldering World Cup take place at Cliffhanger in Millhouses Park,... Read more