VIDEO: Babsi Zangerl's ascent of Hotel Supramonteby Björn Pohl - UKC Dec/2011
This news story has been read 3,720 times
From Planet Mountain comes this video of Barabara Zangerl's 4th try ascent of Hotel Supramonte, [~7b+, 7c+, 8b, 8a+, 8b, 7c, 7a, 7b, 7b+, 7b. 6b+] in the Gorropu gorge, Sardinia. The ascent was made in April this year.
Babsi speaks German, but in short she says that:
- the second pitch was one of the hardest for her because the crux was reachy and she had to find her own method
- the third pitch, a ~30m 8b, was pumpy
- she fell near the top on the 8a+ and had to do the whole thing again which was difficult mentally
- on the crux of the second 8b, it was very important for her to get the knee in the exact right spot to be able to reach the next two finger pocket.
- the pitches after the 5th weren't so bad
Previously, she has bouldered as hard as 8A+/B (Pura vida) and done routes up to 8c (Erntezeit).
We recently came across an event at a bouldering wall in Hamburg, Germany named "Sei Boulderpate für einen Tag!" or... Read more
Mayan Smith-Gobat, Ines Papert and Paul McSorley recently made the first ascent of the South-West Face of Mt... Read more
Barbara "Babsi" Zangerl has repeated Alexander Huber's Bellavista, 8b+ MP, on Cima Ovest di Lavaredo in the Italian... Read more
Austrian climber Barbara Zangerl is no stranger to breaking records in women's climbing. In 2008, she became... Read more
Barbara Zangerl has made the 5th over all and first female ascent of Beat Kammerlander's Prinzip Hoffnung, 8b+ E9/10, on the... Read more