From Planet Mountain comes this video of Barabara Zangerl's 4th try ascent of Hotel Supramonte, [~7b+, 7c+, 8b, 8a+, 8b, 7c, 7a, 7b, 7b+, 7b. 6b+] in the Gorropu gorge, Sardinia. The ascent was made in April this year.
Babsi speaks German, but in short she says that:
- the second pitch was one of the hardest for her because the crux was reachy and she had to find her own method
- the third pitch, a ~30m 8b, was pumpy
- she fell near the top on the 8a+ and had to do the whole thing again which was difficult mentally
- on the crux of the second 8b, it was very important for her to get the knee in the exact right spot to be able to reach the next two finger pocket.
- the pitches after the 5th weren't so bad
Previously, she has bouldered as hard as 8A+/B (Pura vida) and done routes up to 8c (Erntezeit).
Derbyshire Police are appealing for information following an act of vandalism at the popular climbing venue Black... Read more
Daniel Woods has fiinally climbed through his mental barrier and made the first ascent of The Creature from the black lagoon,... Read more
This year's British Lead and Speed Climbing Championships and a round of the Paraclimbing Cup took place at Awesome Walls,... Read more
In early May this year, Babsi Zangerl and Jacopo Larcher visited Dumbarton rock to experience hard Scottish trad climbing. It was... Read more
Babsi Zangerl has repeated Scotland's first E9, Dave MacLeod's Achemine, E9 6c, at Dumbarton Rock. Dave made the first... Read more
Jacopo Larcher of Italy and Barbara Zangerl of Austria recently made a free ascent of El Nio 5.13c/8a+/A0 on El Capitan. Barbara... Read more