HCC Launch Party!added Jun/2010, see all Harrogate Climbing Centre news & reviews
Product news by Harrogate Climbing Centre
John Dunne, the centre's owner, will be leading proceedings along with Yorkshire mountaineer Alan Hinkes OBE, one of only twelve people to have summited all fourteen of the worlds 8000m+ peaks.
The brand new Indulge café will be laying on complimentary food and drink all night...
And we will even be sneaking in some barrels of beer to keep the event feeling pretty social!
Weather permitting, we will crack out the barbeques too!
John Dunne, Dave Barrans, Andy Jack and a host of other top route-setters will be crafting some interesting routes and problems to entertain you regardless of the grade you climb.
The whole focus of the event is to be as fun as possible!
There will be lots to do and see for climbers and non-climbers alike over the evening, but as a snapshot the event will include...
- Climbing treasure hunt
- Dyno competition
- Dave Barrans' 'Killer Problem'
- Speed climbing competition
- Pro climber demonstrations & Masterclasses
- Free taster sessions for anyone wanting to try climbing
- Special offers at the Outside Rock Shop all day
- DMM demo stand and kit testing
- Free rock boot demos
- Spot prizes all evening, from HCC passes & T-shirts, to guidebooks, DVDs, Masterclass sessions and more...
- Over £1000 of competition prizes
- Grand opening ceremony involving cutting a pretty big, tasty cake to share out
- Special kids and youth sessions to keep the young ones active
So make a note in your diary, we hope to see you at HCC on the 22nd of June, festivities begin at 5pm!
For more information visit the Harrogate Climbing Centre Website or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.