VIDEO SHOWREEL: Fort William Mountain Festival 2011added Jan/2011
Product news by FWMFF
To book tickets:
(Please note tickets are not on sale yet)
All online sales are subject to a £2 fee
From the ticket office:
Nevis Centre, An Aird, Fort William (01397) 700707
Concessions for under 16's only
Although the full details of the programme for the 2011 Fort William Mountain Festival, now in it's tenth year, are yet to be announced, organisers have promised a five day feast of lectures, workshops and films for residents and visitors who want to learn about and celebrate mountain culture; during the best winter walking and climbing conditions of the year. These will include:
- Paddling Night
Lecture with the sea kayak adventurer Patrick Winterton, plus extreme white water paddling films.
- Mountain Film Making
'The Edge to The Great Climb' lecture with Richard Else, one of Europe's most experienced remote location film makers, and wilderness hiker, backpacker, author and broadcaster Cameron McNeish.
- Tim Emmett Lecture
Lecture with extreme athlete and star of 'The Great Climb' and 'Seven Climbs, Seven Islands' (www.timemmett.com) plus mountain films.
- The Best of Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour Film Night
The most inspiring mountain films from around the world will once again be the festival hot ticket.
- Closing Party
In a change to previous years the festival favourite 'Party at Nevis Range', the popular ceilidh at the top of the Nevis Range mountain gondola, will close the 2011 Festival.
- Mammoth Descent Ski/Snowboarding Event at Nevis Range
A mass start ski/board race from the summit to the bar!
- Jump Jam Biking Aerial Skills Workshop
It's time to get airborne with theAirBag.net, a safe, painless and addictive means of increasing biking aerial confidence and skill.
- The Winner of the 2011 Scottish Award for Excellence in Mountain Culture
Will be announced during the festival. Previous winners include Jimmy Marshall (2010), Richard Else (2009) and Dr Hamish McInnes (2008).
- There will also be plenty of opportunity for both novices and experts to hone their skills through inspirational workshops in mountain skills, avalanche awareness, winter walking and winter climbing in the Outdoor Capital; as well as both indoor climbing and ice climbing at Kinlochleven's Ice Factor Indoor Climbing Centre.
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.