Three Peaks, Three Days, Assynt Weekend Specialadded May/2013, see all Glencanisp news & reviews
announcement by Glencanisp
The area of Assynt has some of the most Spectacular Mountain and upland scenery in Europe and is world renowned for its geology and remote wilderness. Ranger staff at the Assynt Foundation are offering a unique opportunity to join them on a hillwalking adventure of a lifetime.
Over three days you will walk, scramble and climb most of the iconic mountains within the Assynt region. This is a great opportunity to see the Assynt eagles and other spectacular wildlife that reside here – this is a photographers paradise, so don’t forget your camera!
Walks will be taken at a comfortable pace to give you plenty of opportunity to enjoy the magnificent scenery and breath-taking views. You will be based at the luxurious Glencanisp Lodge where you will be met each morning after breakfast by the Rangers, who will then guide you on the day’s adventure before returning you to the lodge for an evening of relaxation.
- Wednesday 19th June: Arrive at Glencanisp Lodge from 4pm. You will be met by the Ranger, John Cullen. A short briefing on the walks will take place after your evening meal.
- Thursday 20th June: Walk up Canisp (846), and possibly Stac Pollaidh (612) depending on the wishes of the group.
- Friday 21st June: Walk up Suilven (731) out through Glencanisp and back via Inverkirkaig.
- Saturday 22nd June: The 3 main peaks of Quinag (808) or Ben More Assynt (998) and Conival (987)
- Sunday 23rd June: Depart after breakfast.
Prices start at £300 per person (based on two sharing) Dinner, Bed and Breakfast and packed lunch. All walks require a good level of fitness and are subject to change or cancellation due to weather conditions.
To book or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gear News and Outdoor Industry News at UKC and UKH presents climbing, walking and mountaineering equipment and stories that will be of interest to UKClimbing.com's readers. They are not gear reviews and are provided by companies that advertise with UKClimbing Limited. Please feel free to comment about the stories and products on the associated thread.