Prompted by Franco Cookson's article on headpointing recently, Wil Treasure shares a short bonus interview recorded in November 2017 with Tim Lowe...
Tim is a climber from Yorkshire with an enviable ticklist of routes, including the Yorkshire Triple Crown of The Groove, Urgent Action and Supercool - all 8a+. Over the years he's been a keen sport climber, but Tim also likes to stick his neck out on trad routes. Back in 1992 he took a huge fall on The Cad, an E6 on North Stack Wall at Gogarth. A little hungover and not warmed up, he lunged for a break and didn't quite make it.
He thought it was the end, but his belayer caught him. It put in Tim's mind the idea of "dropping a rope" down some of the more dangerous routes before going for the lead, resulting in broken bones at Ilkley in September 2017.
- ARTICLE: Climbing Outdoors during COVID-19 - A Guide to Crag Etiquette 2 Jun
- ARTICLE: Climbing (the) Walls Post Lockdown - Re-opening Indoor Walls 18 May
- LOCKDOWN QUIZ: Week 6 - Emoji Quiz Special 8 May
- ARTICLE: How to Make the Most of a Home Board 5 May
- LOCKDOWN QUIZ: Week 5 1 May
- ARTICLE: 10 Climbers You'll Meet (Virtually) in Lockdown 28 Apr
- INTERVIEW: James Pearson and Caroline Ciavaldini - Training at Home with a Baby 27 Apr
- LOCKDOWN QUIZ: Week 4 24 Apr
- ARTICLE: The Home Climbing Wall Boom: COVID-19 Constructions 20 Apr
- LOCKDOWN QUIZ: Week 3 15 Apr