UKC

Advice choosing a fork

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Potato 15 Jun 2021

Hi all I'm looking for a fork in the 120-130mm range for a 29 HT on 2.6". Likely to be mostly trail, natural stuff, peak district bit of lake district and occasional trail centre, I'm fairly light and don't go in for jumps or big drops.

I was initially thinking of a RS Pike but am wondering if that's going to be 'too much' fork for me if such a thing exists.

The other likely options I've seen are RS Sid and the RS Gold 35

How much better is one than the other, ive never had a good fork before mostly been on older Rs Reba or Recon

Any advice please

dsh 15 Jun 2021
In reply to The Potato:

Too much fork isn't really a thing especially in that range of travel IMO it's just a question of how much you want to spend? Do you want a trail fork or are you more XC oriented?

If Trail the Pike is a great Fork, I'd go a little cheaper for an XC style bike. But I don't think you'd be over biked on a Pike either. But the cheaper ones would like be 100-110, if you want 130 just get a beefier fork like the Pike. 

I'd pick the Pike every day over the others but I also haven't ridden a hard tail for a long time. Sounds like being on a HT you're more XC?

Post edited at 19:32
 ChrisJD 17 Jun 2021
In reply to The Potato:

if you can actually find one new/2nd-hand, then defo the Pike option, with as many bells and whistles options as your wallet can deal with (it you want Rockshox).

I'd also go for as much travel as you can within the frame geo ...   l always over-fork 

(You can always change travel).

tomsan91 17 Jun 2021
In reply to The Potato:

Got the Revelation on my Ragley big wig which is absolutely fine for the job, not as much tuneability as the fox factory 36 I have on my enduro bike but its not like I'm going to take the hardtail on a bike park uplift day.

Schmiken 20 Jun 2021
In reply to The Potato:

It's a left field choice, but the XFusion McQueen fits the brief perfectly and isn't too expensive.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...