UKC

any recommendations for a winter (road) jacket?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FrankBooth 11 Feb 2013
I've got a lightweight hi-viz polyester jacket, which is okay in drizzle and the odd shower, but when I went out in the sleet on Saturday and after three hours I was pretty soaked so I'm thinking of geting a slightly more robust jacket.
I know (from climbing!) that waterproof is a pretty loose term, but basically it just want to be more robust than the thin one I'm using. Also, I really don't want to spend loads (£50ish max).
I've been looking at the offers from Altura, Endura and Wiggle's own Dhb - any recommendations?
 the power 11 Feb 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: have a look at polaris there very good
 TobyA 11 Feb 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:
>
> I've been looking at the offers from ... Wiggle's own Dhb - any recommendations?

Oddly, I can help you with that one because Wiggle asked me to review a couple of their dhb pieces last autumn, including their waterproof! So the review is here: http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.fi/2012/12/dhb-cycle-clothing-reviews-eq2...
OP FrankBooth 11 Feb 2013
In reply to TobyA:
Excellent - thanks, Toby. How did you find their sizing - lots of the reviews on Wiggle were critical of the sizing on some of their jackets?
 TobyA 11 Feb 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: Yeah, it's odd because there are like HUNDREDS of comments to that effect on the product page, so I expected to find it really bizarre, but it was just fine for me. Quite a nice fit, although I'd be happy to have it more 'drop-tailed' being a a biking jacket. I got medium and it fits me well. If its of any help, I happily wear medium in Marmot, TNF, Patagonia and Arcteryx. I can wear medium in RAB but in non-stretchy things, their cut is too tight across my chest.
 TobyA 11 Feb 2013
In reply to FrankBooth: There are a few more pics showing the jacket (and video) on the second review I did of the bibs http://lightfromthenorth.blogspot.fi/2012/12/dhb-vaeon-zero-padded-bib-tigh... In the video you can see what I mean about it not being super long at the back. I comes down plenty to keep your kidneys warm etc. but its not like one of the rain jackets that really covers your bum as well (although sometime I don't like those as they can catch under the saddle.
OP FrankBooth 11 Feb 2013
In reply to TobyA:
I was dead impressed with the 180° camera-work, btw! did you have it on a long stick??
 TobyA 11 Feb 2013
In reply to FrankBooth:

> I was dead impressed with the 180° camera-work, btw! did you have it on a long stick??

Yep. They cost about three quid from 7dayshop or similar.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...