UKC

Anyone use a Wahoo?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Uluru 31 Jul 2020

I updated my Wahoo Bolt about three weeks ago when promoted.

Since then it has been consistently recording my speed as being slower then normal. First world problems I know.

I have checked this by cycling next to other people and my Wahoo is recording about 4km/h slower then them. I've also ridden recording my rides on both my Wahoo and Tom Tom watch to check adn the results were the same. Does anyhone know if there is a way to either recalibrate it or undo the last update?

I've contacted Wahoo but haven't had a reply.

ro8x 31 Jul 2020
In reply to Uluru:

Hi Uluru,

I use a bolt, not sure on the speed aspect but since i updated it roughly the same time it no longer syncs to my phone in a stable manner. I've had to break out the USB cable and go old school on it. 

I raised a ticket with them via this email and they were quite quick: support@wahoofitness.zendesk.com 

Dark-Cloud 31 Jul 2020
In reply to Uluru:

Are you using the speed sensor or just GPS ?

OP Uluru 31 Jul 2020
In reply to ro8x:

Thank you I will try again

OP Uluru 31 Jul 2020
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

I'm only using the GPS. 

Dave B 31 Jul 2020
In reply to Uluru:

Is its on a speed sensor check that you haven't got auto calibration on under the settings. It uses a short amount of GPS data to calibrate. Set the size using the erto tyre size. 

Mine updated about a week ago and had been fine with uploads befits and since. Upload failure is often a sign the app has updated, but the unit hasn't. Annoying just as you want to walk out the door on a ride! 

Post edited at 13:53
OP Uluru 31 Jul 2020
In reply to Dave B:

Ahh fantastic thank you. I have done this and will test it out on tomorrow's ride

Dave B 31 Jul 2020
In reply to Uluru:

Ah. If your only using the GPS, and not any wheel sensors then this won't help. If you are, It should. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...