UKC

Are bike mountain trails in Wales open?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin Hore 11 Aug 2020

Hoping to climb in Pembrokeshire from tomorrow, but weather looking mixed. Just researching mountain bike trails as wet weather alternatives - eg Gorlech and/or Derwen Trails at Brechfa. Some websites suggest trails are still shut due to COVID restrictions. Does anyone have local knowledge? Is this so? Many thanks. Martin

In reply to Martin Hore: I rode at Cwmcarn last week and Afan and BPW as well as Black Mountain Cycle centre are all definitely open. Brechfa is NRW as are the trails at Cwmcarn so I can't see why not. I love Brechfa, one of my favourite places to ride.

balmybaldwin 11 Aug 2020
In reply to blackmountainbiker:

Is BPW open for uplift too?

Welsh Kate 12 Aug 2020
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Yes. They're running a socially distant uplift so I think more limited opportunities atm, a lot of visitors are cycling up using Beast of Burden or more usually the access tracks. 

There are a LOT of rusty riders out there, ambulance and MRT there sometimes multiple times on the same day. Take it easy!

tomsan91 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Martin Hore:

All North Wales trail centers are open, very busy at the weekends compared to a normal year. 

balmybaldwin 12 Aug 2020
In reply to Welsh Kate:

> Yes. They're running a socially distant uplift so I think more limited opportunities atm, a lot of visitors are cycling up using Beast of Burden or more usually the access tracks. 

> There are a LOT of rusty riders out there, ambulance and MRT there sometimes multiple times on the same day. Take it easy!

I have visions of them towing you up with 2m tow ropes between riders, unlucky rider at the front getting a face full of dust off the minibus

Welsh Kate 13 Aug 2020
In reply to balmybaldwin:

LOL!

No, but you do see dads pedalling up the access tracks with a tow-rope to a kid being helped up the climb behind.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...