UKC

Biking up Glen Einich

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 29 Oct 2018

Has anyone biked up Glen Einich? How rough is the track? I would be on an original mountain bike with no suspension. Thanks. 

In reply to Phil1919:

I've been from Whitewell up to the Beanaidh Beag turnoff (for N.side of Braeriach). It's rough and stony in places but very bikeable thus far: I can't speak for those last few km up to Loch Einich. I had a decent bike but i'm not a decent MTB-er by any stretch, so I'm sure you'd be fine - if a bit jarred on the descent.

OP Phil1919 29 Oct 2018
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Great, thanks for that.

Removed User 29 Oct 2018
In reply to Phil1919:

Been up there many times, as Dan said you’ll be fine, if a little jarred by the end if you come out too fast ????

It’s a beautiful glen and particularly so under current conditions.

Wullie 29 Oct 2018
In reply to Phil1919:

Just read your post, I would like to point out that sometimes the burn/stream that is after metal bridge(past halfway up) is hard to pass without getting very wet feet.  I have cycled up Glen Einich numerous times only to come to this natural obstacle and had to turn back due to high water.  It may well be up to knee deep if there has been heavy rain or snowmelt.

It's well worth pushing on though if possible till you reach the loch at the end, as it's a great backdrop with the cliffs of Sgor Gaoith behind the Loch. 

Have fun, 

Wullie

Post edited at 11:25
OP Phil1919 29 Oct 2018
In reply to Wullie:

Thanks. Going up tomorrow so I think the stream levels should be low. The path up onto the plateau looks well graded although it crosses steep ground? I was aiming to walk that bit of course.

In reply to Phil1919:

Top tip - Strava route create feature lets you see global heatmap (option in settings) - good pointer to ability to cycle a route. You do not need to have premium membership to use this feature.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...