UKC

Bradley Wiggins: Lance Armstrong lied about doping

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinph78 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968: Great stuff, gotta love Wiggo
OP dale1968 25 Jan 2013
In reply to Martin1978: more classic sayings...
 trekclimb 25 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968: i have to say i'm quite impressed by Lance.
When i'm on drugs i can't even find my bike :0)
Jimbo W 26 Jan 2013
In reply to dale1968:

Feeling smug, when he is actually in the perfect position to empathise, shows that he's just another self obsessed idiot. There is nothing that LA's son has done to deserve this, and the only thing wiggo can think of, with his own son sitting next to him, is how he smug he feels that he won't have to have that conversation i.e. it's about his ego and not the effect on his son. The question is, if wiggo had come to the fore within the height of that epo, transfusion etc culture, when most teams seemed to be involved, would he have done it? I find it hard to believe he wouldn't.
 digby 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:

> The question is, if wiggo had come to the fore within the height of that epo, transfusion etc culture, when most teams seemed to be involved, would he have done it? I find it hard to believe he wouldn't.

If he had, he'd have done it nicely; not like Armstrong, being vile to all and sundry.
 Tom Hutton 26 Jan 2013
In reply to Jimbo W:
> (In reply to dale1968)
>
> Feeling smug, when he is actually in the perfect position to empathise, shows that he's just another self obsessed idiot. There is nothing that LA's son has done to deserve this, and the only thing wiggo can think of, with his own son sitting next to him, is how he smug he feels that he won't have to have that conversation i.e. it's about his ego and not the effect on his son. The question is, if wiggo had come to the fore within the height of that epo, transfusion etc culture, when most teams seemed to be involved, would he have done it? I find it hard to believe he wouldn't.

What Jimbo W said.

Tiberius 26 Jan 2013
In reply to digby:
> If he had, he'd have done it nicely; not like Armstrong, being vile to all and sundry.

This is the point a lot of people are missing. It's not that he doped, Pantani did that, Uhlrich even Mercks and not to forget Simpson. But they didn't attempt to ruin the life of anyone who tried to go against the fold. They didn't sue anyone who suggested that maybe they were doping.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...