UKC

Brittany - any recommendations for family day cycling?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 knthrak1982 22 Jul 2017
Hi.
Off to Brittany in September. Anyone got any recommendations for a day out with the bikes for families (me with the toddler on the back seat, wife doesn't cycle much)?
Staying in Finistère. Got a car to get anywhere.
Cheers,
Tom
 Toerag 22 Jul 2017
In reply to knthrak1982:

I believe there's a cyclepath pretty much all the way between Saint Malo and Dinan which uses a disused railway track and canal towpath. Other than that I can't help, help fun!
 Greasy Prusiks 22 Jul 2017
In reply to knthrak1982:

The greenways are really good.
OP knthrak1982 22 Jul 2017
In reply to knthrak1982:

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
 drpetermorgan 13 Aug 2017
In reply to knthrak1982:
We stayed On the crozon peninsula last June. There were plenty of quiet cycle routes, signposted and with maps from the tourist offices, at the peninsula tip near camaret. The best thing though was to take the boat from Camaret to the Ouessant isle. The isle is fairly flat but with a great coastline, some sandy coves and very little road traffic. The ferry is met by representatives from bike hirers and the roads are all covered with cyclists of all ages and shapes. Minimal cars . Very relaxing .
 woppo 13 Aug 2017
In reply to knthrak1982:

we there in september, just got guidebook ' brittany's greeways' canals and old railways. looks like a useful planning aid but hoping to pick up leaflets when there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...