UKC

Calories burned

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 22 Jul 2017
Anyone know much about calories used when riding? I just did an online calculator but it seemed a lot of calories for what I just did....

I want to drop about a stone hence my interest. I did 40 miles this morning on my road bike....a lumpy route but apart from one drag of about 1km there are no real hills.

I rode hard and was done in 2 hours and the calculator I used said it was 3280 calls which seems a lot!!? I can't believe I used so many in 2 hours!?
 Yanis Nayu 22 Jul 2017
In reply to abr1966:

For comparison, I'm 78kg and I did 58 miles this morning with 2500' elevation gain and burnt 2380 calories.

That's calculated from power meter (and maybe HR) data so is more likely to be accurate than yours I would imagine.
OP abr1966 22 Jul 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

That seems more likely! I'm 88kg which I think would make a big difference in calories burned on a hilly route but not where I went today around Cheshire/Staffs lanes.

The spinning bike in the gym puts me around 400-450 calls per half hour at around 190-200 watts which would make my 2 hours today be more like 2000 calls I reckon...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...