UKC

cheap but decent cycle stuff

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdCo82 01 Nov 2013
Mainly clothing and overshoes but also lights.

Want decent quality but not expensive as it's only a commute to work.

Cheers,

AT
 steelbru 01 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
Planet X own brand stuff is pretty good
http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/c/q/clothing
 Howardw1968 01 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
go to sports direct?
OP AdCo82 01 Nov 2013
In reply to Howardw1968:

What's the stuff like there?
 Howardw1968 01 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
I have one of their cheap muddy fox cycle jackets it's ok but not breathable as I would expect for the price and a couple of their muddy fox cycle tops which are fine
 VS4b 02 Nov 2013
In reply to Howardw1968:
Planet X is good, as is wiggles own brand dhb range of clothing
 FrankBooth 02 Nov 2013
In reply to VS4b:
Another vote for Planet X, especially.
I also got some good summer tops (funkier brand) from Chain Reaction, and of course when they become available, Aldi is superb value
 JamButty 02 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: Keep an eye out for Lidl and Aldi offers, although they had cycling stuff fairly recently.
Just used the overshoes I got from there recently and my feet were lovely and toasting.
Got some other stuff, some good bargains to be had, especially for limited commuting.
 Strachan 02 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: I would usually just go on the cyclestore website and look for any deals or reductions they happen to have at the time. As for overshoes... I commute in the neoprene Endura ones every day, and don't remember them being too expensive!
 tim000 11 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas: decathlon for clothing and e-bay for lights . i`ve just bought a cree bike light off e-bay for £18 . import/fake from china . but hell it`s bright. lights up the road so you can see in the dark . not just a light to be seen . if you get one make sure you tilt it down so as not the blind on coming drivers .
In reply to An Triubhas:
> (In reply to Howardw1968)
>
> What's the stuff like there?

It's not great, i've been using a muddy fox bib this summer, looks ok and the qualty seems good but it's just really uncomfortable. Polaris is as cheap as i'll go from now on.
In reply to An Triubhas: Aye, decathlon's a much better shout.
 nniff 12 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

What they said - Decathlon. Not too sure about their shorts though - I've just bought a pair of their orange pad shorts and the pad seems to be too far back - fine for sit up cycling but not so good for ar*e up/nose down, which is strange seeing as those are supposed to be their top end shorts.

This morning: boxers, socks, shorts, winter running tights, thermal top and gloves all Decathlon. Gloves are the £16 leather and softshell Simond climbing ones.

Shoe covers - Endura neoprene - tried the cheap ones - waste of money - fell apart.

Glasses - Bolle Contour clear safety glasses - £8 off ebay. I have a tinted pair too.

Shoes, polyprop liner gloves, club jersey and helmet - model's own!
 Neil Williams 12 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:

Aldi when they have specials?

Neil
 Alun 12 Nov 2013
In reply to An Triubhas:
Decathlon has an excellent price/quality ratio. Don't go for their cheapest stuff though - I have learned the hard way that the old mantra of "buy cheap, buy twice" is, unfortunately, true (at least for me).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...