UKC

Conti 4 Seasons alternatives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GrahamD 29 Mar 2022

Its time to replace the tyres.  I've used conti 4 seasons for a few years now as a reasonable compromise between running performance, longevity and puncture resistance.  Are there any other models I should be looking at with similar properties ? (puncture resistance being critical here, as local roads get lots of little flints washed onto them).  cheers

The tyres I'm replacing are 25mm clinchers (no room in forks for wider, unfortunately).

felt 29 Mar 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

I used to live in a really flinty area (NE Hants) and found that your nicer tyres like 4000IISs and Pro4s etc were a puncture every ride. I used Schwalbe Duranos and they were better but felt somewhat dead. Gatorskins?

OP GrahamD 29 Mar 2022
In reply to felt:

I actually swapped to 4 seasons from Gatorskins as the Gatorskins felt just a bit too clunky.  Having said that, I'm a lot older, fatter and slower now !

LastBoyScout 29 Mar 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Got a couple of sets of Bontrager Hardcase tyres at the moment - 25mm something and 32mm R2. No punctures so far, including a good number of miles on crappy backroads and gravel lanes.

I've actually had issues with punctures on my Conti 4s (28mm).

neuromancer 29 Mar 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Corsa controls? 

OP GrahamD 30 Mar 2022
In reply to neuromancer:

Not come across those.  I'll take a look, thanks

Richard Horn 30 Mar 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

I have used Hutichinson Fusion 5 All-Season on my winter bike for a few years now (running them tubeless) - great grip in wet road conditions and not had any problem with robustness.

In reply to GrahamD:

> Its time to replace the tyres.  I've used conti 4 seasons for a few years now as a reasonable compromise between running performance, longevity and puncture resistance.  Are there any other models I should be looking at with similar properties ? (puncture resistance being critical here, as local roads get lots of little flints washed onto them).  cheers

> The tyres I'm replacing are 25mm clinchers (no room in forks for wider, unfortunately).

a friend recommended a Michelin equivalent but when I investigated it seemed they were the same price and no better. I concluded that the Contis were as good or better than any direct alternatives.

LastBoyScout 30 Mar 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Remembered earlier, while out on my pub/errand bike - I've got Maxxis Detonators on that and not had any issues in 7 years of hooning around locally.

Think mine are wire beaded, so not the lightest - not sure if they do a folding version.

The Potato 30 Mar 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

Gator skins are horrid imo 

Schwalbe Durano or Bontrager AW1 or 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...