UKC

Danny MacAskill - Imaginate (VIDEO)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kyle Warlow 18 Jun 2013
Amazing rider. Amazing video.

Enjoy.

K

http://imaginate.redbull.com/
 Boogs 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

Danny is a genius amazing poise and strength , crazy out takes ! Mind blowing video , had to kill the 80's Top Gun inspired sound track though it was killing my remaining few brain cells .

Spectacular . Good link Kyle ! Merci .
 climb the peak 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow: Amazing
OP Kyle Warlow 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Boogs:

The music is the best bit!
 Boogs 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

Well each to their own and all that , but I'd much prefer listening to cats fight at 3am myself . . . ;oP
 quirky 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Boogs: didnt think it was a patch on previous videos. His use of natural featuresmade his videos amazing ccomplemented by some stunning scenery. ..this was just a bit false and image over substance. Still fantastic riding skills and no doubt an amazing rider and throughly likeable guy..but this one did not do it for me. Each to their own!!
 Radioactiveman 18 Jun 2013
In reply to quirky:

Thank god I'm not the only one that thinks the video isnt as good as the previous ones. I think the tricks/danny almost disappear into the background of the bold colours in the video and the overpowering soundtrack.
estivoautumnal 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Radioactiveman:

Totally agree. His going home to Skye video is absolutely amazing and I have watched it half a dozen times. I switched off half way through this new one.
 Mal Grey 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

Very good, and ridiculous skills, but I prefer the outdoor stuff like this; youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw&

Paul F 18 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow:
>
> The music is the best bit!

I didn't know 'Asia' were still going

(yes i know it's not, it's https://itunes.apple.com/at/album/runaway/id27541793)
OP Kyle Warlow 18 Jun 2013

I love all his video's, especially the going home to Skye one. I really like this because it's different. It just gives me a sense of fun...and childishness (in a good way).

Can't please everyone all the time though.

K
 Ramblin dave 19 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow:
Anyone else get echoes of the beginning of Stone Monkey?

Kind of agree with what a few people have said that it hasn't got quite the atmosphere of some of his earlier stuff. The tricks are amazing, though.
 Morgan Woods 19 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

thanks that was awesome!
 doug5_10 19 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

The somersault off the swiss ball onto the rails is mental!!
 dmhigg 19 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow: Loved it. Proper story with bikes in it. Beautifully made, clever, witty, right down to 80's soundtrack. Very different to earlier stuff but seems...more complete?
 steveriley 19 Jun 2013
Front flip > ball > track = broken physics. Bonkers!
Anyone else reminded of the dream sequence in Stone Monkey?
 patrick_b 19 Jun 2013
In reply to SteveRi:
> Front flip > ball > track = broken physics.

= Broken arms I'd have thought. Insane move!
 thermal_t 19 Jun 2013
In reply to zoobizooretta:

Wow, I like the no transfers sign at the end!
OP Kyle Warlow 20 Jun 2013
In reply to doug5_10:
> (In reply to Kyle Warlow)
>
> The somersault off the swiss ball onto the rails is mental!!

My favourite bit
loopyone 20 Jun 2013
In reply to Kyle Warlow: Didn't enjoy this anywhere near as much as his previous efforts
 Sean Bell 20 Jun 2013
In reply to dmhigg:
> (In reply to Kyle Warlow) Loved it. Proper story with bikes in it. Beautifully made, clever, witty, right down to 80's soundtrack. Very different to earlier stuff but seems...more complete?

All of that.Well said.

Martin W 20 Jun 2013
In reply to quirky:
> His use of natural featuresmade his videos amazing

Ah, you mean natural features like (to take the Skye video as an example) benches, steps, railings, walls, a dam, penstocks, a picnic table, a telephone box and his camper van. As far as I can see there's only two tricks in that video that use completely natural features (assuming that the one on the beach at sunset was natural and not constructed). I think you may be romanticizing a bit.

> ccomplemented by some stunning scenery.

Can't disagree with that.

> ..this was just a bit false and image over substance.

But it is false. The outtakes at the end demonstrate that. What you see in the final cut is an assemblage of the times he got each trick right (and it looks like there was at least one which didn't made it at all). I actually like the way that the Imaginate film plays on that fantasy aspect. It's a bloke pulling amazing stunts on a rather special bike - there is no more substance to it than that - but isn't that enough?

I much prefer this to some of the MTB and skiing stunt videos that you just know involved serious practise and multiple takes before they got it right, but are presented in a way that's calculated to give the impression that "they just happened that way".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...