UKC

Dolomites v Italian Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Palomino1hills 03 Jan 2014

Hi I am planning a 5 day road cycling trip to either Bormio in the Italian Alps or the Dolomites in mid June. Ive heard great reports about both areas regarding the quality of routes, scenery and climbs. Id be keen to hear from anyone who has cycled in both areas and what your recommendations would be in choosing either one of these great locations.
thanks in advance.
Post edited at 21:44
 Chris Harris 03 Jan 2014
In reply to Palomino1hills:

Not cycled either, but have visited both and would go for Dolomites based on scenery, food, attractiveness of towns & villages, people, most things really.

Geographically, The Dollies lean more to tours & circuits, whereas the Alps side leans more towards there & back long valleys geography.

Tom Hutton 04 Jan 2014
In reply to Palomino1hills:
Dolomites are amazing in June. And on the 22nd there's the Sella Ronda Bike Day when they close the roads on the 3 big passes. Did it last year and there were 20,000 bikes. Going back this year for more..

altirando 05 Jan 2014
In reply to Tom Hutton: I remember seeing the ronda bike day a few years ago. Looked as though everyone was having great fun, from boy racers to families towing kiddie trailers. Made me wish I had had my bike with me.

Tom Hutton 06 Jan 2014
In reply to altirando: I loved it... and did some awesome riding on the days either side... Can't wait to get back there!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...