UKC

electric conversion kit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 illepo 10 Oct 2017
Has anyone carried out an electric conversion for a road bike? Any hints or tips? or recommended suppliers?

I'm currently looking at a front hub conversion kit, which I'm hoping would allow easy interchanging between a normal wheel (for leisure ride/workout) and a driven wheel (for commute).
 nniff 10 Oct 2017
In reply to illepo:

> Has anyone carried out an electric conversion for a road bike? Any hints or tips? or recommended suppliers?

> I'm currently looking at a front hub conversion kit, which I'm hoping would allow easy interchanging between a normal wheel (for leisure ride/workout) and a driven wheel (for racing).

FTFY
 drolex 10 Oct 2017
In reply to illepo:

Not a first hand experience, sorry, but one of my colleagues did a front hub conversion using a kit from this site http://www.electricbikeconversions.co.uk/ (the 250W one) for the ease of installation, compared to the rear wheel stuff. It has been working well for 18 months of daily commute, nothing particular to report.

Apparently it was fairly simple to install.

That's not much info...
 Yanis Nayu 10 Oct 2017
In reply to illepo:

There’s that French 3rd cat road racer from the other day...
 Chris the Tall 10 Oct 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Apparently he aroused suspicion by changing from a 6k carbon bike to one with a cheap steel frame, yet his results improved. Also it was noticed that one of his bidons was always in the same position. And one cable too many!

Which leaves the question of how many people have taken a few simple steps to conceal things better.

Back to the OP though, I’d also be interested in knowing whether the bike conversions work. For my wife obviously. Who has a decent full suss but she hardly uses it due to the hills in Sheffield. Test rode a couple of e-bikes last week and was very impressed. But 3k is a lot to pay
 Si_G 10 Oct 2017
In reply to illepo:

Someone at work did one. It now lives in his shed.

I have to confess to looking at them on eBay.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...