UKC

Football vs mtb'ers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
richyfenn 20 Jan 2013
In reply to pauldr:

Brilliant! It's stuff like that that makes me hate football and love extreme sports.
In reply to richyfenn: I hate the term 'extreme sports'
 Chris the Tall 20 Jan 2013
In reply to pauldr:
Very good, but probably not the best vid to watch just before I go out on my bike in the snow and ice
In reply to pauldr: excellent. Re-posted on my FB wall to annoy all the idiots that like wendyball.
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Just did the same, I always refer to it as Girlball but Wendyball is good too.
 The New NickB 20 Jan 2013
In reply to jonathan shepherd and highclimber: Are you 8?
richyfenn 20 Jan 2013
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:
> (In reply to richyfenn) I hate the term 'extreme sports'

Is there a better term? I agree its necessarily the best.
In reply to The New NickB: What a strange question, obviously i'm not 8 , if i was i would probably still think football was an exciting and interesting game. I mean, oh no, someone made fun of football, they must need some sort of medical help, how could anyone possibly not take it seriously.
In reply to jonathan shepherd:

I just thought the terms 'girl ball' and 'wendy ball' particular juvenile and lame, you are perfectly entitled to not like football, you can be a tedious bore as well, but it is the second of these I am commenting about.
In reply to richyfenn:
> (In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut)
> [...]
>
> Is there a better term? I agree its necessarily the best.

If you have to group such sports together, which I would rather not, I would go with adventure sports.
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to jonathan shepherd)
>
> I just thought the terms 'girl ball' and 'wendy ball' particular juvenile and lame.
Ah well, i would have to agree with you there, it is entirely juvenile and lame terminology but also entirely appropriate terminology to describe some footballers, even more so after watching that video.

Removed User 20 Jan 2013
In reply to The New NickB:
> (In reply to richyfenn)
> [...]
>
> If you have to group such sports together, which I would rather not, I would go with adventure sports.

Most of the time I wouldn't regard "mountain" biking as either extreme or adventurous.
Kipper 20 Jan 2013
In reply to pauldr:

Funny. Those MTB chaps have a lot of protective clothing and don't seem to know what they're doing a lot of the time.

john arran 20 Jan 2013
In reply to pauldr:

Looked to me like the footballers were stupidly trying to con the referee, and the MTBers were stupidly trying to con the grim reaper!

I know which I'd prefer to be beforehand but I also know which I'd prefer to be afterwards
 Glyno 20 Jan 2013
In reply to jonathan shepherd:
> (In reply to highclimber) Just did the same, I always refer to it as Girlball but Wendyball is good too.

could be worse, it could be Rugby. When I was at school Rugby was the game for the lads who were too fat to play football.
 Chris the Tall 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed UserThe New NickB)
> [...]
>
> Most of the time I wouldn't regard "mountain" biking as either extreme or adventurous.

Just back from a 30 mile ride across the peak, on my own and very few other people around. Can I call that 'adventurous' ?

Actually I don't care, I had fun and good exercise, so who needs labels ?
 Tony the Blade 20 Jan 2013
In reply to pauldr:

YAWN!

Tired old stuff - and before you say it, I hate what football has become and love MTBing.

Footballer bashing is too easy, they make it so.

YAWN!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...