UKC

glacier bike chaos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gethin_allen 06 Nov 2018
In reply to paul mitchell:

That's perfectly normal, they have been running this race for decades and it's like that every year.

Removed User 06 Nov 2018

There are quite a few videos of it with a lot more snow. It's bonkers. I'd like to ride the course but without the danger of hundreds of other riders to clatter into/get clattered into by.

jam 07 Nov 2018

The link doesn't work for me, but at a guess it's footage from Megavalance? It's a pretty famous race, been going on for ages.

nacnud 07 Nov 2018
In reply to jam:

Yeah its Megavalance, nothing to see here, move along, move along

MikeSP 07 Nov 2018
In reply to nacnud:

The link didn't work for me either, guessed it was megavalance.

It's absolutely bonkers, if you're a mountain biker I highly recommend it. 

I still haven't actually done the mass start on snow . A rock ripped my rear mech off in qualifying first year, them on the second the weather meant we hand to start lower down (still a bonkers mass start but on rocks). Third time lucky.

Stuart, it's an amazing course. The first bit on the glacier is like nothing else I've ridden.

Removed User 07 Nov 2018

It's a great event. Qualifiers are a bit of a bun fight; and trying to overtake other competitors on the day sees some interesting moves... It's often said that of the several helicopters circling around; one is for the officials, one the camera crew and the rest are the taxi service to the Hospital.

Descent to Hell at Deux Alpes is a similar; but they tend to piste the glacier bit, which means fallers seem to slide forever...............

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...