UKC

Glen Ample - trossachs national park

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TCROOKS 14 Jun 2017
Hi
I Am thinking of cycling through Glen Ample just north of Callander with a few pals on Saturday and wondered if anyone had any recent info on track conditions etc?

We are fairly competent riders but I found some stuff on the web about the main track up being in a bad condition a few years ago.

Cheers

T
 Pipecleaner 14 Jun 2017
In reply to TCROOKS:
Hi, I live nearby and use the track as far as Ben Each fairly often. Upto the cut off for the hill the path is pretty smooth. Ive not been further for a long time so cant say about the rest.
Sorry if thats not a great deal of help.
Post edited at 12:40
 Pids 14 Jun 2017
In reply to TCROOKS:

Used to do that route fairly regular on the mtb, a great ride - unfortunatly the forestry commission installed a series of drainage ditches across the main path, some you can get ove whilst others you have to stop and lift the bike over so it can a bit of a pain.

Haven't been up for a few years due to this, be interested to hear how it is now.
OP TCROOKS 14 Jun 2017
In reply to TCROOKS:

Thanks for the info all.
 DaveHK 14 Jun 2017
In reply to TCROOKS:

They get a Landrover up to below Ben Each for the Stuc a Chroin race and it looks like it continues as decent landy track for a good bit north of that.
 Dave Hewitt 29 Jun 2017
In reply to TCROOKS:

I use the Lubnaig/Ample track system (on foot) from both ends fairly regularly, and the northern side of the pass has a reasonable track right through to Edinample although there are a couple of brief sketchy bits - just south of the Allt Coire Chroisg sheepfold and a funny little loop about a mile north of there where a good grassy path takes the direct line via a nice memorial bench. There's also the gap between the Coire Fhuadaraich hill path and Glenample farm, where the through-route crosses to the west side of the river and is just a path for a few minutes before meeting the main high-grade path coming out of the farm. I've never been on the actual southern end of the track system however - have always gone up or down via Ardchullarie More - but the track leading down to Lubnaig from the path cutoff looks to be a substantial thing.

Hope you got on OK anyway - it was pretty warm on the Each/Stuc traverse from the Lubnaig side on 20 June (with beautiful yellow dragonflies low down).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...