UKC

Hills and Mountains retro jerseys

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Has anyone bought from these guys before?

https://www.hillsandmountains.com/

for some reason my scam radar started beeping, although I can't really put my finger on it. They have a decent SM profile (insta/FB etc.) Legit?

Harry Jarvis 27 Jun 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Always be wary of companies that do not appear to have a phone number. 

In reply to Harry Jarvis:

Agree, their returns policy seems pretty buttoned up to favour them rather than the customer ( mentions returning swim wear and underwear - two items they do not sell... plus deducting £3 from a refund if you do not exchange) plus they will aim to get back to you in 72 hours (!) if they get any questions.

I think you are right, probably best to avoid

Rigid Raider 27 Jun 2019

The kit looks a bit shonky somehow, I agree. I've Googled them and can find nothing and cyclists are usually the first to complain or dicuss when cheap stuff is being offered. I once bought a cheap jersey from a site that looked American but when it arrived the jersey had actually come from China and was obvously fake. I tried to flog it on Ebay and got a bollocking for selling fake goods!

NorthernGrit 27 Jun 2019

Contact address is a self storage place (and likely PO box)

Coin toss if you ever get the kit and certainly wouldn't expect any after service either way.

It all looks to me like typical chinese marketplace stuff so I'm guessing they're just drop shipping it. If you're going to buy borderline/dodgy/outright conterfeit jerseys you might as well just cut out the middleman and get them off aliexpress.

Gone 27 Jun 2019

Returns policy doesn’t seem compliant with Distance Selling Regulations. If they aren’t going to obey the law on that, in what other ways are they going to break the law too?

ablackett 27 Jun 2019

I did wonder what would happen when dropshipping outfits realised that if they made their prices just a bit too low rather than ridiculously low and designed a good website how anyone would tell the difference.  I guess they aren't quite there yet but it's close.  When this happens folk will have to only ever buy from people they have used before and new start ups are going to be crippled.

Big red flags for me are the nonsense "someone in Birmingham just bought this", and "19 people are looking at this right now" pop ups.

nniff 27 Jun 2019

If you're after a retro jersey, www.prendas.co.uk is the place to go

In reply to nniff:

Thx, that's great!  Do you know what their sizing is like? "Castelli dream on sizing" or normal ?

If you are after this lower priced "retro" stuff, looks like the jerseys on sale here are much cheaper through the evil bay.  The Reynolds one is going for £22.84 with free postage.  I know because I'm watching it, and others, having signed up for Eroica Britannia this year.

If you go for one, let me know how the sizing comes up

Happy riding. 

Enty 28 Jun 2019

I bought my daughter a Rip n' Dip backpack form a company with a website exactly like that. The website was a .co.uk site but was actually Chinese, the backpack which arrived was a Vans copy, not Rip n' Dip, was massively over priced and was too late for Christmas.

Avoid!

Enty

nniff 28 Jun 2019

Most of it is made by Santini, which is Italian and therefore small in every dimension except around the top of the knee, where it is too large (for me anyway).  Prendas have a pretty comprehensive size guide, which includes measuring a jersey you have that fits well, and using that for reference against their sizing.  Anyway, more Castelli than Assos/StolenGoat/Bioracer/Endura, so a good fitting UK Medium jersey would be a Castelli/Santini/Sportful large or (extra large for shorts if you're taller than 5'10'')

subtle 28 Jun 2019
In reply to nniff:

> If you're after a retro jersey, www.prendas.co.uk is the place to go

There stuff looks great, thanks.

Tony Jones 05 Jul 2019
In reply to subtle:

Prendas are excellent. There's really no need to bother with the cheap knock-off stuff.

Glyno 19 Jul 2019

Another thumbs-up for Prendas - bloody quick too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...