UKC

Home made pannier dry bags - Help needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LennyJ1 09 Mar 2013
I was speaking to a friend last night at our local wall who said he had seen a guy using Exped dry bags as panniers on his bike.

After a scan around google I have found some great home made panniers but none made from dry bags.

Could anyone help in this. Have you made one and got photo or video of how to do it or have you seen one on another forum that I havent found.

Thanks for your help
 NIGBEE 09 Mar 2013
In reply to LennyJ1:

The older "extra wheel" trailer used a netting system to hold dry bags but they have now changed to a standard rack and pannier system on the extra wheel.

http://www.extrawheel.com/

A quick look did not come up with pictures of the old system but it was a bit like a large plastic mudguard but with sides with attatchment points for stretchy netting that held a dry bag, think it snagged and broke a lot
 mlt 09 Mar 2013
In reply to LennyJ1:

I'm working on some horse saddle bag/panniers, not cycle ones obviously... but... I'd imagine a good approach would be to use a mesh front sewn to a back made of light poly oxford cloth/rip stop, maybe even sew in a removable pocket so you can slip a piece of foam in for rigidity against the pannier rack. All you'd really need on top of that would be webbing loops/fittings to attach it to the rack. I have a few ideas for fittings/attachment, but a good route could be using sail fittings. Drop me a line if you want to swing a few ideas around. It's all fun to me!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...