UKC

Issues in Morzine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Aisthorpe 07 Jun 2017
Hi, my brother is arriving in Morzine on the 9th. He and 2 mates have booked a very very small apartment for a month and are planning to go biking. The landlord has emphasised that there must be no bikes kept in the flat. This is a bit of an issue as they have four bikes and nowhere to store them (won't have a car).

Does anyone know of anywhere they might be able to leave their bikes overnight near Morzine?

Thanks, John
 subtle 07 Jun 2017
In reply to John Aisthorpe:

Lampost outside with a big chain round the bikes?
 Loughan 07 Jun 2017

Ask the landlord for suggestions or phone some of the bike guiding companies based in Morzine to ask about keeping bikes there & be open to a reasonable charge
 Billymo 07 Jun 2017

Doorstep skis have some sneaky ski stores dotted around Morzine which i'm sure you could get a few bikes in. From what i remember there's a big ski store underneath L'Aubergade Hotel which you can get access to for about €10 for a week (For skis, so potentially for bikes)

If that's no good i'd just get them to go and speak to a few of the local hotels, they will surely have some basement ski stores with spaces provided you grease some palms.
 RX-78 07 Jun 2017

it has a few underground car parks, maybe they can leave their bikes in one? Try the tourist office for advice?
 LastBoyScout 07 Jun 2017

Assuming this is because of issues with mud and damage, they should be ok if the bikes are kept in proper bike bags.
 girlymonkey 07 Jun 2017

Could ask some of the ski chalets if they can rent out a bit of garage space?
In reply to girlymonkey:

Lots of hotels have places to lock up skis, I used one for my bike in Chamonix last year. I'm sure they could cut a deal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...