UKC

Jens

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PeterM 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:

That raelly would be the worst thing to happen to cycling - if Jens had been doping.
 steveriley 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:
Just read that. I really really want to read that at face value. Forty flippin one, mighty indeed.
 Toby_W 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:

I love Jens, "Shut up legs". I've taught my 2 1/2 year old daughter to say that when she complains of tired legs when we're out walking.

I believe him.

Cheers

Toby
OP Henry Iddon 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Toby_W:

With "shut up legs" and "come on arms do your stuff" most things are covered !
 Escher 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon: Read it last night, I believe him too and it is interesting to see ( if you do believe him) that there are indeed people who didn't see anything despite that being the official omertà 'line' that so many come out with. Would have liked him to expand on his opinion about current dopers as people like him need to start naming names, the Spanish especially. I think the next steps to really clean up the peloton are for the Valverdes etc to get a public cold shoulder. I suspect that's a naive view what with the politics of the pro peloton but I hope it happens one day.
fxceltic 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon: I love Jens, and this article goes some way to addressing his outbursts on twitter when Tylers book came out. In them he said he would never read the book because it was by a confessed doper.

Now, that position would be fine with me if he wasnt simultaneously hanging out at Mellow Johnnys in Austin, Texas.

To many it looked as though he was taking Lances side in this, not an especially credible place to put yourself some would say.
fxceltic 31 Oct 2012
In reply to fxceltic: its also worth mentioning that Jens makes no mention of Riis in relation to Tylers allegations of blood doping on CSC.
 Rollo 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Henry Iddon:

Please, please, please, please let this be the truth. I am a believer, but if it transpires that Jens doped it will break my heart more than any of the revelations we have had so far.

Being pedantic, a couple of slightly contradictory quotes in the piece.

'Again, I do believe cycling has become better. I don’t see any traces of team-organized doping or doping networks anymore.'

'some people want to say, “Jens, how could you not know?” It’s true that I sometimes suspected some riders of doping. However—and this is important—I never saw anything firsthand.'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...