UKC

No TdY thread?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 andy 07 May 2018

What a bloody awesome weekend.  Superb racing, the women's race was brilliant to watch and Yorkshire looked almost as good as Lancashire (grudgingly, they do this sort of thing rather well over here...).

Next - La Vuelta!!

Yanis Nayu 07 May 2018
In reply to andy:

Yep, it was brilliant, both men’s and women’s races. The solo win in the last stage was simply heroic. 

Gone for good 07 May 2018
In reply to andy:

I rode the Sportive yesterday. It was bloody hard!! The crowds were fantastic though especially going back through Leeds to the Headrow where the crowds were out in their thousands. I watched yesterday's race on catch up TV and it was as awesome as it looked. 

Post edited at 22:01
 Chris the Tall 08 May 2018
In reply to andy:

Saw both races near Wentworth on Friday, with a long ride along some of the course in between. Every year I expect the novelty to have worn off and people to have lost interest, but no - every village it passes through seems to make a bit effort, and loads of people by the roadside for both races.

And it really does show how much lovely countryside there is in the county - even that bit between Barnsley and Rotherham !

Park Rash on Sunday looked incredible :

https://twitter.com/roadphil/status/993118111271354370

So the Worlds next year and maybe the Vuelta in 2020. The vuelta does like it's crazy steep climbs and there's plenty of those around.

Chris the Tall 09 May 2018
In reply to andy:

500 days to go and the website has been launched

https://worlds.yorkshire.com/championships-info/

Confirmation that Harrogate will be the focus and finish of all the races

afx22 09 May 2018
In reply to andy:

I only caught the last hour of stage 2 on TV (the finish on the Cow and Calf) and it looked superb. 

My Dad is from down south and he was saying how many people had been commenting to him about how nice Yorkshire was.  They never realised.

afx22 09 May 2018
In reply to Chris the Tall:

That's a great video clip.

Rigid Raider 09 May 2018
In reply to andy:

My son and I got about 100 yards out of the village on the first ramp of Park Rash then stopped to spectate and pretended we weren't out of breath. It's a fearful climb that gets 9/10 in the guide to Yorkshire road climbs.

GrahamD 09 May 2018
In reply to Rigid Raider:

MrsD managed to pedal the full length of Park Rash !  I got past the zig zags and had to give up   What a brilliant atmosphere all round.  Superb ride at the head of the course.

Chris Harris 09 May 2018
In reply to afx22:

> I only caught the last hour of stage 2 on TV (the finish on the Cow and Calf) and it looked superb. 

> My Dad is from down south and he was saying how many people had been commenting to him about how nice Yorkshire was.  They never realised.

They must have missed the Doncaster & Barnsley coverage.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...