UKC

Orbea Terra H30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 supersteve 31 May 2021

I have been searching for a while for a gravel bike, and with stocks non-existent anywhere it has been a struggle, but I have found a shop with stock of the Orbea Terra H30, which fits my spec and budget perfectly. Does anyone have experience with this brand - the reviews seem good so I am generally confident in the build and ride quality. I want the bike for riding forest tracks, a bit of road and an annual weeks touring, and it looks like the Terra has cage mounts / pannier fittings. The shop showing it as available is closed today, so I will have to call tomorrow to check. 

In reply to supersteve:

I have an Orbea Wild full suspension electric mountain bike.  It's superb quality, good looking and with highly specced components.  It was the best "bang for buck" on the market when I bought it last September. A newly released lightweight E MTB, the Orbea Rise, also gets very good reviews currently.  Nothing wrong with Orbea. I believe they are Spanish.

Al

Post edited at 15:10
 Bradbury 31 May 2021
In reply to supersteve:

I have a 2020 Terra H30 which I use for exactly the same uses as you are planning.

I don't have much bike history to compare it to (only other nice bike is an MTB), but I really enjoy it, and the spec was good value at the time.

I have fitted mudguards and rear pannier rack. I have a second set of wheels for road, but the 40mm mixed tyres aren't actually very draggy.

The only minor niggle I have is that the matt paint doesn't seem that durable.

Post edited at 15:16
OP supersteve 31 May 2021
In reply to Bradbury:

I had been looking at the Lapierre Crosshill 5.0 (I have a Lapierre Edge 527 MTB which I love) and the Focus Atlas 6.8, but there is no stock anywhere. I assume I could fit front and/or rear panniers on the Terra?

JimR 31 May 2021
In reply to supersteve:

Orbea are a quality Spanish bike manufacturer, I’ve got an orbea Ora tri bike which is is excellent. One of my mates has an orbea road bike which he is very pleased with.. and he’s a fussy git

Bradbury 31 May 2021
In reply to supersteve:

There are no front pannier mounts down at the bottom of the forks. I've only ever mounted mudguards to the front, using the mount points at mid-height and at the back of the crown.

I've never thought about fitting a front rack, so there could be ways/adaptors.

There are rear rack points.

OP supersteve 31 May 2021
In reply to Bradbury:

Ideal. 2 bags at the back, frame bag and small food bag at the front. Plus front mud guard. Sorted! Can't wait to order tomorrow! 

cb294 31 May 2021
In reply to supersteve:

Orbea are excellent, a rather upmarket Spanish bike manufacturer. Only issue I have with Orbea bikes is that every single one I tried was built a bit too light for my 100kg.

If you are not in that weight class, go for it!

CB

gazhbo 01 Jun 2021
In reply to supersteve:

No experience of that model or gravel bikes generally but I had an Orbea Ónix road bike until it got robbed and it was awesome.

Half the price and spec of the Bianchi I bought to replace it but sometimes I still miss it on the climbs.

Post edited at 11:35
OP supersteve 01 Jun 2021
In reply to gazhbo:

It's ordered and paid for. Never thought I would spend that much on a bike, but I'm 40 on Friday so perfect times with my mid life crisis. Gunna hold off on the lycra for 10 years yet....

OP supersteve 03 Jun 2021

New bike delivered and set up. Already booked tomorrow off so I can smash round the forest, but not sure I can wait that long to take it for a spin!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...