/ Rapha Festive 500

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Yanis Nayu - on 29 Dec 2018

Anyone else doing it?

Mild weather’s made it easier than last year - I’m up to 419km, with 14,700 feet of climbing.  

SebCa - on 29 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Chapeau, not this year work and young children rule me out...but great effort for this time of year! 

Yanis Nayu - on 29 Dec 2018
In reply to SebCa:

Cheers. I have been off work, probably worth saying...

Dave B on 30 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Thought about it, but was separated from my bike and now I'm back  I'm parenting while my wife works!

Getting an hour on the water instead today... 

abr1966 - on 30 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Not me.....but have managed 235km since christmas eve, which, given the beer I've drank I'm pretty pleased with.

Spent the afternoon watching cyclo-cross down in Macclesfield today....very impressive and the top guys were amazingly quick.....now inspired again so aiming for a few more KM's tomorrow!

tim000 - on 30 Dec 2018
In reply to abr1966:

i went to watch last year . good event . had hoped to do it this year but not got the fitness . will hit it big next year and do a few cross races . there one in northwich in about 4 weeks . but on hols so cant do that either . 

abr1966 - on 30 Dec 2018
In reply to tim000:

It was really good! Great course, well set up by Macc Wheelers...

Winner was Toby Barnes....he was so fast it amazed me....Grant Ferguson was second. Really excellent to see a field of around 80 I reckon.....I really was impressed!

Was thinking about it for next year....3 hours later I've stopped thinking about it!! 

Post edited at 18:49
Subseaclimber - on 30 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I'm at 410 with a day to go, my cassette coming off on a bikepack trip didn't help.... 

nniff - on 31 Dec 2018
In reply to Subseaclimber:

Not me - I’m on 236 after helping someone else to do his 500 with a couple of days to spare

Yanis Nayu - on 31 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Did 53 miles today and ended up with 535km. 

How did everyone else go?

Henry Iddon - on 03 Jan 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

560km for me - 2 longer rides of 95miles on Christmas Eve and 80 miles on boxing day took a chunk off it.

Christmas Eve 95 miler was interesting when with 15 miles to go my left pedal axle snapped ... so had to pedal one legged to get back !

Yanis Nayu - on 03 Jan 2019
In reply to Henry Iddon:

Good effort! If I had to pedal home right-legged I’d be f*cked - my left does all the work!

Andy Hardy on 03 Jan 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Anyone else doing it?

> Mild weather’s made it easier than last year - I’m up to 419km, with 14,700 feet of climbing.  

What's 14700 feet in metres? ;)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.