UKC

Revolution bikes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Solar 13 Aug 2012
Hi,
I've been recommended to buy a Revolution road bike for commuting (apparently good spec for my budget of around £500). Up to now been using an old hybrid, but want something lighter as moved a bit further from work. All of the commute will be on road.

Anyone with any opinions on there durability, especially for someone with limited fixing and fettling skills would be appreciated!

Solar
 Call-Me-Bryce 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Solar:

I've had a mixed bunch with them. Had an old Courier Race which was ace and lasted four years with minimal TLC, but grinded their cyclecross bike into the ground in the space of 3 months.
 DalesClimber 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Solar: I've had a Revolution Shadow Mountain SL for 3 years now, and really love it. I use it for general MTB and adventure racing - it's coming on the Sting in Stirling with me next week. It's a bit different to most of their range though (Scandium frame & higher spec components).
 DalesClimber 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Solar: also, my husband rides a Revolution Singlespeed for commuting, and has a Triad for MTB. They've both been great, although the Triad hasn't had that much use yet.
OP Solar 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Call-Me-Bryce:
I had looked at the cyclocross too, so thanks for that experience.
Not after anything too serious - basically want to be able to buy and ride.
EasyAndy 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Solar: wow they are well priced!

EasyAndy 13 Aug 2012
In reply to Solar:

they dont sell the singlespeed in my size :|

anyone know any pygmys that happen to be selling a bike?
OP Solar 13 Aug 2012
In reply to MariaDixon1:

Apparently a MTB is been built that I can use so not looking at those! (Think I'll be waiting a while hence also looked at the cyclo cross ) Not a really scary MTB rider, more nice trails than rocks and steep hills. Will go and have a try out of the roadies for size this week, since opinion seems favourable for Revolution. Thank you
 Tricky Dicky 15 Aug 2012
In reply to MariaDixon1:
> (In reply to Solar) I've had a Revolution Shadow Mountain SL for 3 years now, and really love it.

I've got one of those, it's great

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...