UKC

Road bike hire Venice/Treviso/Cortina Italy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BattyMilk 07 Apr 2022

I’m heading to Italy in a few weeks for a long weekend road biking and looking for somewhere in Collio/Venice/Treviso//Cortina D’Ampezzo (or anywhere between those places without much of a detour) to rent a road bike Thursday late afternoon -> Sunday lunchtime. 

Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere they’ve used?

I’m not bothered about anything too fancy. 

(Another thing… I’ve never rented a road bike before. Should I take my own pedals, shoes and helmet or should I expect they are supplied?)

Mr Fuller 07 Apr 2022
In reply to BattyMilk:

I'm afraid I've no recommendations on bike hire round there, but I'm yet to an experience a particularly bad one anywhere.

Definitely bring your own shoes and I'd strongly recommend your own helmet and pedals too, plus it's worth finding out whether you need to bring bottles, spare tube and a pump etc or if this is supplied with the bike.

monkey man 07 Apr 2022
In reply to BattyMilk:

Used sport  kostner in corvara couple of years ago. Mainly because they were only ones willing to rent us bikes in October. There was decent service. Brilliant area for a pedal. 

Marek 07 Apr 2022
In reply to monkey man:

One word of caution - when exactly are you going? We went to Corvara in early June some years back with the same idea and found that everything was closed - lifts, bike hire... Too late for the ski season and too early for the summer holidays.

OP BattyMilk 08 Apr 2022
In reply to Marek:

We’re going to Collio. My friend lives in Cortina and is picking me up from Venice Marco Polo so could pick up my bike from anywhere en route

Marek 08 Apr 2022
In reply to BattyMilk:

>> One word of caution - when exactly are you going?

> We’re going to Collio...

'When', not 'where'

OP BattyMilk 08 Apr 2022
In reply to Marek:

ha  I read good. First weekend in May 😀

Marek 08 Apr 2022
In reply to BattyMilk:

> ha  I read good. First weekend in May 😀

Definitely 'between seasons', so I'd call to check rather than assume there will be something available (once you've found a hire shop).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...