UKC

Stolen Bikes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
My mate has had 3 bikes stolen from the garage at his house near Preston.

1 Planet X Stealth TT bike - Black - with Tri spoke fromt and disc rear wheel. Campag groupset
2 Onix Aurious road bike - Black and White - Campag Centaur Groupset, Campag Eurus wheels
3 Kuota Kharma road bike - Black White & Red. Campag Chorus Groupset, Mavic Cosmic Carbone Wheels

All are less than about 5 years old. Whilst none are particularly high value ( sub £2k) machines, the Onix is a fairly rare beast as very few were ever imported and sold ( another mate was the importer / distributor)

Keep your eyes peeled on the various selling sites. It's unlikely that they will surface again in Lancashire!
 Baz P 13 Jan 2018
In reply to Lord of Starkness:

You never know. I had one stolen in September and it has just arrived in a Cash Converter's 10 miles away.

Removed User 01 Mar 2018

Keep checking eBay, sometimes they turn up a month or so later.

LittleRob 02 Mar 2018

Register them on stolen-bikes.co.uk They also have a sister site findthatbike.co.uk that makes it easier to search for anyone off-loading them.

It didn't help when ours were stolen, but you never know.

RX-78 02 Mar 2018

Sounds like a targeted robbery? When I was more into cycling and using cyclingplus forum it was figured out that people posting their rides and bikes etc seemed to  be the target of home robberies. 

Rigid Raider 02 Mar 2018

If they don't turn up locally they will turn up in a few months in eastern Europe. I once sat on a plane next to a Serb lad who, when he saw my bike magazine, began boasting about his pal in Novi Sad who makes a nice living selling bikes stolen in the UK. When he saw the look on my face he suddenly forgot how to speak English.

summo 02 Mar 2018
In reply to Rigid Raider:

> If they don't turn up locally they will turn up in a few months in eastern Europe. I once sat on a plane next to a Serb lad who, when he saw my bike magazine, began boasting about his pal in Novi Sad who makes a nice living selling bikes stolen in the UK. When he saw the look on my face he suddenly forgot how to speak English.

Same in sweden. By the time people have woken and discovered something has gone, there is a van full of bikes, power tools and chainsaws on a ferry over to the Baltic states. They are very canny, they use different cars and vans for the actual robbing, then transfer to the vehicle that goes out of country, so the reg. No. going through border control isn't on any suspect vehicle lists. 

Rigid Raider 03 Mar 2018

It's so easy to stuff stolen goods into the far end of a sea container and forget to declare them. Somebody told me that one of Manchester's Mobikes was spotted cruising around Kampala.

In reply to RX-78:

Probably not targeted in his case, on the same night a neighbour's house was burgled, attempted theft of a BMW further down the street, and he'd foolishly forgotten to lock his garage. Sounds very much like a case of some local scrotes from the Preston / Blackpool area on the rob.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...